Safe tips for connecting decorative lighting
- If your power points are not protected by a built-in safety switch, have a licensed electrical contractor install one, or connect decorative lighting through a portable safety switch.
- If you are using multiple sets of decorative lighting or high-powered lights (e.g. para-floods, flood lights or spotlights), plug them into a power board fitted with over-load protection. The use of double adaptors or piggy back plugs is not recommended.
- Be aware that using multiple high-powered lamps may overload your electric circuits.
- Use only factory-made extension leads or those made by a licensed electrical contractor.
- Before use, check decorative lighting and all leads for damage. Never use a damaged lead.
- Always fully unwind extension leads to avoid overheating.
- All outdoor electrical connections must be weatherproof. You can buy weatherproofing accessories to do the job.